My Christian Manifesto
1) I believe that Jesus Christ is the Living God, the Eternal Word which brought into creation the will of His Father and whose Holy Spirit is the source of all wisdom and understanding.
2) I believe that through His life on this earth, his teaching and love, and his ultimate sacrifice for us on the Cross of Calvary, we are saved from our sins, and are heirs to the promise of Eternal Life...'I AM the way, the truth and the life; No one comes to the Father, except by Me'.
3) I believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God, as received by men...the Bible is a book of history, poetry, philosophy and prophecy, which reaches it's fullness in the words of Jesus Christ...it is the logbook of man's relation to God, both for the better and the worse...however, I do not worship the Bible.
4) I believe that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the ONLY solution to the problem's of mankind...all is reduced to His two commandments to us: Love God with all your heart, soul and mind, and love your neighbor as you would yourself...all problems flow from man's refusal/inability to keep these simple commandments.
5) As Jesus taught us to repond to situations with a simple 'yes or no', I say 'no' all 'isms' and 'ologies'.
6) Jesus taught us that 'blessed are the peacemakers' and to 'turn the other cheek' to our enemies...so, as Christians, we are commanded to seek peace and not war...but Jesus Christ did not command us to commit suicide...rather “When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed...But whensomeone stronger than he attacks him and overpowers him, he takes away from him all his armor on which he had relied and distributes his plunder"...we are to protect our selves and our loved ones and our nation, but first put on the 'armour of God'.
7) I believe that Christians should avoid politics...BUT, it is imperative for them to take moral positions in the battle between good and evil...and they should be prepared to suffer for their righteousness, as Our Lord suffered...we must be willing to 'take up our cross and follow Him' if we be called Christians.
8) I believe that Satan or the Devil exists: he is the 'cosmic' spirit of pride, who seeks to elevate himself above God...but, this is not possible, which makes the devil a self-deceiver and a psychopath, for he can not let go of his pride...we do not know how the devil became what he is...the Book of Job says that 'God travaileth when He brought forth the crooked serpent.'
9) I believe that God is Love, and that He created us out of this Eternal love...Jesus Christ is the personification of this Love.
10) I believe that Christianity is the foundation of all that is good and even great in Western culture...but we are in danger because we have lost sight of this basic truth...I don't believe in what they call 'apologetics'...There is no reason to apologize for the love of Jesus Christ and obeying His teaching.
In closing, I will only repeat what Jesus said to His diciples at the Last Supper: 'Love one another, as I have loved you'.